If you’re like most consumers you don’t give much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this kitchen appliance it can be useful to know how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cold—and Victory Indio Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you might need to understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair Indio.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard kitchen appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator will store food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent rotting and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from inside of the appliance to the exterior, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Victory Indio Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the appliance and is there to release the warmth collected within the refrigerator then out into the air.
A evaporator is located on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat trapped inside of it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, transforming the gas back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature within the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period as necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Indio for repair right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cooling period begins. The refrigerator collects the cool liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the home and returns back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquified gas continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, pushing through the many coils within the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in many applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from a single area and then transferring it to another the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, provides a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of several different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule an appointment with Victory Indio Appliance Repair.
Victory Indio Appliance Repair will fix almost all popular brands and models of refrigerators – including commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Indio complete training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart systems and other issues. We know refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Victory Indio Appliance Repair | Sitemap